8.14.2012

the elusive paper source pantone + cymk color chart

For designer folk and paper lovers in general, it's super helpful to be familiar with Paper Source's line.  Their paper contains PCW recycled content, the quality is excellent and their colors are so very versatile.  I'm lucky enough to live close to a retail store and it always takes some serious self-control when I shop there.

I've been on a quest for some time, looking for the matching CYMK and/or Pantone color codes for  Paper Source's line.  It turns out that their actual color codes are proprietary and it is very difficult to find a simple guide for color matching.  I've heard that if you contact them by phone, they'll tell you that they can't provide this information.

After some trial and error with color matching, the information literally landed in my inbox.  For your downloading pleasure (and in the hopes that I'm not violating some Terms of Use somewhere), a complete color guide to Paper Source's line, straight from the source itself:

Paper Source Color Chart

Keep in mind that these are not 100% accurate, but it's as close as you can get.

I really hope this helps a DIY'er or fellow stationery designer.  I would love to hear how this may have helped someone!

10 comments:

  1. Perhaps link the PDF so it can be downloaded and not just viewed? Thanks for sharing!! Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never mind on the above comment. I see choosing "print" allows me to save the PDF file to my desktop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, great! I'm glad you were able to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! This is super helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Dondrea! I'm happy it's been helpful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Lynn! Again, I'm glad it's been helpful. I know I looked for something like this for a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good day! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after browsing through a few of the articles I realized it's new to me.
    Regardless, I'm definitely happy I came across it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back
    regularly!
    Also see my site :: extra resources

    ReplyDelete
  9. um... i'm not sure if you actually tried contacting them but they DO give out the list. i have a copy that i received just by emailing them. they have no problem giving it out. when they released new colors i emailed them back and was sent a new list. they are always very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. EXTREMELY helpful of you! Thank you thank you! I use PS all the time!!

    ReplyDelete