7.31.2012

sequoia national forest

For our family vacation this summer, we decided to go to Sequoia National Forest.  It has to be the best vacation as a family that we've ever had! 

There was no one else in the campground.  It was so very peaceful and relaxing.  Only the sounds of wind and birds interrupted us.  I had some time to sketch out some new designs and I can't wait to get them completely finished.  Ah, there's never enough hours in the day for me...

Visiting this area has been on my bucket list for a while.  I've wanted to see the Methuselah tree for quite some time.  That tree is 4,000+ years old and is the oldest in the world.  Even though we didn't make it out to see that tree this trip, we certainly will be back to the area.

Our campground

Enjoying a sequoia

Looking up

This gives you an idea on the age of this tree!  My hubby is six feet tall.

Beautiful bark.  Inspiration all around!
I do hope everyone is taking time to relax and spend quality time with loved ones this summer.  We definitely needed this vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment