7.11.2012

time for a break

This week, our family is traveling up to the mountains nearby to camp for our vacation.  There's absolutely no cell coverage so it's going to be a very relaxing trip. I am SO looking forward to it...

There are Joshua trees all around in the area that we're camping.  If you're ever in SoCal, Joshua Tree National Park is definitely worth a visit.  It has this silent and other-worldly beauty.  Much more than photos can describe...  A few years back, I went during the winter months when the weather wasn't too unbearable:

Cholla Cactus

Beautiful Joshua Tree

This one seemed to have been burned

One of the many amazing rock formations in the park

This one looked like a bear's face

Evidence of 5,000 years of human habitation in the park

My favorite photo

So I'm obsessed with these trees and have always been drawn to them.  They only grow 1/2 inch a year and some of them are in excess of 15 feet, which is just amazing. 

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer vacations as much as we are!  I'll be back to the blogging world after next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment