11.10.2012

christmas crack

Looking at all the new ornaments that are coming out at the department stores around get me in the holiday spirit.  Last week, the family and I were out shopping and I made a comment about looking at all the Christmas crack around, referring to the ornaments.  A clerk overhead and got a good giggle.

Christmas and the holiday season is absolutely my favorite time of year.  All the shopping and creating involved really gives me a great amount of joy.  I have so many good memories of Christmas growing up and I strive to create the same for my kids.

I typically don't buy new ornaments (I collect antique ones), but shopping for them does feed my "addiction" for all things holiday-related, hence the Christmas crack joke that I have with my husband.  I actually have a large collection of antique ornaments that I add a few pieces to each year.  I'll certainly have to share some photos of my favorites, including the very first ornament that my grandmother purchased when my grandfather returned from WWII.

Now that I'm a mom, I have a annual tradition of buying ornament frames for each child.  I date each one and choose a favorite picture for the year to include inside.  We now have enough to disperse across the tree and remember all the good times we've had as a family.  I love it and it adds so much to our tree!  It's my favorite annual tradition so far, aside from all the family recipes I create each year for all our holiday gatherings.

This year, I chose a glitter ornament frame from Pottery Barn and I was so pleased to receive them this week!  Take a look:

Image via Pottery Barn Kids
These ornaments can be purchased here.  They are made of high-quality chipboard (I believe) covered in glitter and layered in a snowflake design.  The velvet ribbon included was also a beautiful addition.

What holiday traditions do you look forward to each year?  Do you love the holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment