11.21.2012

gratitude

Thanksgiving for me has always been about family, gratitude and thanking God for everything that I have and for everything that I am. 

My thoughts are with those involved in the recent violence in Israel.  My thoughts are with those that have been affected by Hurricane Sandy.  Most of all, my prayers are with those that are HUNGRY.  I am so very fortunate to be able to cook for my family on Thanksgiving and I can't imagine not being able to.  I hope and pray that one Thanksgiving, everyone will have something to eat.

I think about the wise words of Emerson:

Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 

I strive to dwell in gratitude, to remember to be thankful every day.  With that, I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment